Sunday, January 30, 2011

More Snow On The Way For us, And a Snow recipe!!!!

Good evening to you all. I have been watching the weather and ugggggg!!!!! More Snow on the way.................... I don't know about you but I'm OVER SNOW!!!! I like snow on Christmas time and then it can just go away!!!! I'M COLD!!!! I guess over the next three days where we live is supposed to get 10 inches of snow????? MAN, I don't think I'm ready, AGAIN!!!! So, we are going to make the best out of the situation and my kids and I and there grandma are planning on making SNOW ICE CREAM..... MADE WITH FRESH FALLEN SNOW AND SOME SIMPLE INGREDIENTS....
   THE RECIPE IS AS FOLLOWS IF YOU FELL LIKE TRYING IT WITH YOUR KIDS OR GRAND KIDS!!!!Ingredients


1 gallon snow

1 cup white sugar

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

2 cups milk

Directions

1.When it starts to snow, place a large, clean bowl outside to collect the flakes. When full, stir in sugar and vanilla to taste, then stir in just enough milk for the desired consistency. Serve at once.
This is a recipe I got off of www.allrecipes.com
I hope you all stay warm and have a nice rest  of your Sunday!!!!
             Big Prim Hugs Casey

2 comments:

  1. we used to make snow ice cream when we were kids and it was the best. of course,this was back in the 50's and 60's and the only way to get ice cream was to make it yourself or live in a big town where the truck came around. we'd take dishpans out and scoop up good fluffy, clean snow and Mom would get the ingredients together. we didn't have to worry about leftovers. there were 4 of us kids plus Mom and Dad. It was gone in a flash! thanks for bringing back pleasant memories for me!
    *Linda*

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are definitely making the best out of all that snow! We are suppose to get ice here. :( But as long as I can stay in and get over this flu, it would be okay with me.

    Stay warm,
    *hugs*
    Debbie K

    ReplyDelete