Welcome to my Little Prim Place in Blog Land. Grab a cup of Hot Coffie and enjoy!
Thursday, May 20, 2010
How to Grungy, Grubby, your jars!!!!
Welcome back to OLDE SPOON RIVER HOMESTEAD and a big hello to all my followers! Its a GOOD morning today! I must of woke up on the RIGHT side of my bed today! ha-ha-ha-ha! I'm going to give a brief tutorial of How to make your canning Jars that sought after dark color! SO PRIMTASTIC!!!!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED ARE AS FOLLOWS
1. Jars of any size or texture
2. Elmer's glue if you don't have any Modge Podge! Modge Podge can be found at any craft store and Wal-mart carries it also!
4.Spices including Cinnamon, all spice, cloves, anything dark and smelly good!
5. Paint brush or sponge
6.pan or long box with sides
7.Foil to cover pan
DIRECTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS
1. Take your Elmer's glue or modge podge and use your paint brush to apply a thin layer of glue to your jar! I have found that you do not want this to be globbed on because it causes it to run and look a mess!
2. Pour spices into your pan old box whatever you can find to roll spices onto your glue covered jar! Remember to cover your pan with foil because you don't want any glue on the pan or dish you cook with!
3. Take your glue coverd jar and start rolling it into your spices! Just until you get a ok coverage!
4. Let that set for 1 hour and repete the process in step 1 again! Then step 3 again and again let dry for 1 hour!
5. NOTE some will flake off thats okay just keep gradually appling the glue and spices slowly until you have reached your desired darkness or look!
6. You can then add homespun or tie cheesecloth around it and tie it with jute!!!!
I hope this tutorial helped with any questions!
Many prim hugs Casey!!!!
Hello to all my Primitive Blogging Friends! My name is Casey and I am a SAHM of five creative, happy children!The wife to a wonderful craftsman that never cesses to amaze me!!!! I love all Primitive things! Seems with me that the older and rusted and banged up the more I love it! I like to collect lanterns, crocks, bonnetts, wooden bowls, wooden plates and all primitive colonial stuff!!!! I think friends are very important in ones life!